I was invited to join my boyfriend's family in Hawaii to celebrate his dad's sixtieth birthday. Here's the highlight reel:
• Ate fresh raw tuna off the edge of a gutting knife while battling sea-sickness on a fishing boat.
• Hiked some of the most beautiful trails (along the Na Pali Coast) that I've ever encountered.
• "No doors" helicopter ride around the island of Kauai.
• Living out all my Jurassic Park dreams. (50% sure I spotted a velociraptor at one point. May have been a chicken though.)
• Tempting fate (& possibly flooding the engine our Jeep) while crossing a stream en route to the Jurassic Park Gate.